From:
Maureen Marx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:21:00 -0800

I just had to had my bit.  Do you realize that Celiac Disease is an
auto-immune disease?  Other diseases in this category are Muscular
Dystrophy, Muscular Sclerosis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Lupus, this list goes
on. In my life I have known a person with each of these incurable,
untreatable, awful diseases.  Celiac Disease left untreated can be just as
dreadful, but we know how to control it.  I'm sure anyone in the world with
one of these other auto-immune diseases that waste the body and cause so
much pain would be so happy to have a control like the celiac world does.
This is not an awful diet - it is a miracle we can control such a
potentially terrible disease.

Maureen Marx
Victoria, B.C.