From:
"JOHN P. KASSIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 11:41:10 -0000

Dear Listmates,

Everything I have read about has told me to avoid artificial colorings
or flavorings unless I have confirmed their gluten free status.

This frustrates me a little as I would like to know what ingredient
these colorings or flavorings could have that would contain gluten.  My
nutritionist has no idea what they are made of except to tell me "some
kind of chemicals"!!

Does anyone have more detailed information on this?  I would really
appreciate some input from someone who might know more about food
chemistry.

I understand that some people have reactions to food coloring but is
this a gluten reaction or some other sensitivity?

Thank you in advance for any input you can give me on this subject.

Beth
El Dorado Hills, Ca