From:
Susan Alintoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:11:01 EST

Hi all,

   I just wanted to alert all the sushi eaters out there about another
potential source of gluten in sushi that I had never heard about or even suspected
before.
   My daughter was at a friend's house recently and her friend's mom had made
sushi with tobiko (the tiny orange fish eggs that are often used on or in
sushi). My daughter checked the ingredients of the tobiko - and was shocked to
find WHEAT in them!
    Tonight we went to our favorite sushi restaurant and I asked to see the
ingredients in their tobiko - and there it was again - wheat. Needless to say,
she won't be eating anything with tobiko any more. I'm not sure if all tobiko
is made this way or not. Does anyone out there know any more about this? Any
other sushi ingredients that should be avoided (besides soy sauce and crab
stick)?

Susan in Ct