From:
Kim Snowden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:44:11 -0700

Summary r/t DH

1.) Dapsone does not do anything to dissolve antibody deposits under the
skin. Dapsone only helps symptoms.

2.)Deposits are dissolving over time on a GF diet, but I got a
range of form two years to one person who said that studies showed
that 50% of DH patients still have measurable Ig in skin 10 years after
being completely GF!!

3.) It seem that the amount of gluten ingested is related to amount of
deposits in skin.

4.) How exactly these deposits are leeched out of the skin it seems is
not well understood and no one specifically said if a break out was the
only way they were leeched out. I gathered that they are leeched out
even without the breakout.

5.) As far as a sudden breakout after eating out people noted that being
in the sun can cause a breakout. I had been at the beach that whole day
so that fits. Another suggestion was cross contamination or iodine in
the salt. One person said that DH was programmed to erupt genetically
and therefore my erupt at any time.

Most people said they had the same questions I had so I got very few
those who had some answers.