From:
Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:45:00 +1300

Greetings Everyone,
I was absolutely incensed to read one listmember's mean-spirited reply
to Wendy's post regarding different degrees of sensitivity.

  To me it was obvious what point Wendy was trying to make: that
doctor's seem to have varying opinions on the amount of gluten a coeliac
is safe to eat, and what were the listmembers ideas about same.

  At no time did I get the impression that Wendy was trying to "induce"
others to deliberately do something that was detrimental to their
health. As a recently diagnosed coeliac, I'm not about to knowingly
ingest gluten simply because Wendy occasionally tests her response to
different foods! The offended listmember should give other coeliacs
credit for being able to think for themselves!

  I hope the risk of receiving such unhelpful and unpleasant replies
hasn't put others off sharing their experiences with the list. New
subscribers please be assured: the majority of listmembers are warm and
supportive. Unfortunately, there will always be a few negative ones to
spoil an, otherwise, good thing.

  Happy Holidays All,
  Jenny