From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:11:18 -0500

I read with interesting another poster's summary of bread machines
recommendations.  I purchased a Zorjushi last year because it seemed to be
the one that most people loved (plus I got a great deal on it from
Amazon.com).  However, I don't find my results all that great.  My GF breads
tend to turn out dense and a bit "gummy" altho' they are baked all the way
through.  I get much better results from using my oven.

Yes, I use the "homemade" setting, program only one rise, etc.  Anna from
"Manna by Anna" suggested I cut back on the liquids by 2 tablespoons
(because I live at a high altitude) and use the 2:08 setting.  I did this
the other day with her mix, and it turned out the same.  What are those of
you with this machine doing that makes the bread turn out great??!!

(BTW, I love the Manna by Anna mix and highly recommend it.  No connection
with the company....)

Joy