From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:24:38 -0700

Hi All,

My daughter Allison will be a Sophomore this fall at the University of San Diego.  After a VERY difficult fight with the campus dining services people, they are letting her out of her meal plan contract this year.  Yay!  The GF dining experience at USD was less than ideal for her last year and we ended up losing hundreds of dollars on uneaten meals.

Anyway, this year Allison will have her own kitchen and will be able to cook for herself.  She will need to buy all of her own groceries.
We are pretty familiar with the specialty stores in San Diego like Whole Foods, Sprouts and Trader Joe's and some of the great little GF bakeries, but I am hoping that Allison won't have to go to 3 or 4 stores and bakeries each week to shop for food.

For those of you who live in San Diego, can you recommend one particular store that might have the MOST GF food selection?  I am hoping for a major grocery market like Von's or?? She will be buying Bread, pasta (prefer Schar), frozen prepared foods, mixes and crackers mostly.

We have a local grocer in Northern California called Raley's that carries a very comprehensive selection of GF foods.  They have Kinnikinnick breads, Udi's, all of Schar products, Glutino, GF Betty Crocker and many, many other GF foods.  It's great because I don't have to run all over to get one or two things at each store.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA