Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:27:51 -0500

Dear Listmates,

My daughter has just been diagnosed as lactose intolerant after being on
the gf diet since Sept 2000.  The Doctor told us to have her drink
Lactaid 100 milk.  Since starting that, she's been having awful gas
pains and feels "likes she does when she eats wheat" I called the 1-800
# on the Lactaid container and they stated that they can't guarantee
that it's gf because the cows could have eaten some contaminated grains!
 Does anyone have any experience with this?  Also, does anyone know of a
over the counter relief for the gas pains?  I know that gasX and beano
aren't an option because the archives state they are not gf.  Thank you
so much for you help.

Donna Stier
Boston, MA