From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:03:56 -0400

Thanks again to everyone who responded!  I did not get a ton of replies so
maybe many of us celiacs are just not on this regiment.

Anyway, Bev pointed out to me that the St. Joseph (on the gf list they sent
me) was in fact the low dose aspirin. "St. Joseph is now part of an adult
81mg aspirin therapy program frequently prescribed by doctors". So, it
should be o.k.

There were only two other products mentioned, specifically:

1.  Walgreen's low dose aspirin (1 person)

2.  Ecotrin (from or available at CVS)l-800-245-1040 (4 people)

Related Side Note:

Since we may also be Vitamin B12 deficient, I did a little research on this
and didn't realize there can be implications to the heart as well.  Here's
a clip from webmd:  http://tinyurl.com/ostc2

"The problem: Vitamin B12 deficiency can boost blood levels of
homocysteine, an amino acid implicated as a strong risk factor for heart
disease and stroke. Studies have suggested that high homocysteine levels
can promote blockages in arteries over time, possibly leading to heart
disease and stroke."

Thus, maybe the doctor orders an aspirin a day with some B12? :)

Have a great weekend, Janet

Janet Kline
Charlotte, NC
The Queen City