Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:05:27 -0800

I have updated the Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group GF Food List.
This list is almost entirely made up of products that are safe in the
USA. (Please note that there is discussion going in my support group about
starting a Canadian list as well.  But it may be some time before this comes
to being... if at all.)  All the food categories pages and the alphabetic
page have been updated. When a page says it has been "Updated on such and
such a date," it means that I made changes to the pages on that date.  It
doesn't mean that all products on that list were verified by that date.

Please note that some products have been removed from the list.  There are
links on these pages to the No Longer GF page and the Contaminated page.  Be
sure to look at these pages as well.  When it comes to contamination you
will have to use your own judgment.  I firmly believe in attempting to
observe a zero-gluten diet as much as possible since we often ingest hidden
glutens in error.

This list is an on going project that I started with the assistance of the
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group.  The list has grown a lot since it was
first started.  I have a number of people who assist me at various times.
Most notably is Chris Spreitzer who forwards to me all messages from the
listserv that are related to food products because I am currently on NOMAIL
with the listserv.  Messages to the listserv that do not mention that the
company was contacted are screened further by someone from the group calling
to verify the status.  There are also other product lists obtained and
included on these pages that have net been posted to the listserv.

There are a few larger messages that I have received I have not yet
screened.  This list takes many man hours (or should I say woman hours in
this case) to produce.  So I apologize if some things slip by.  If you have
some conflicting information on some products, please check with the
manufacturer prior to contacting me.  This would really help.  Otherwise I
get bombarded with messages that I have to personally call on.  And it
honestly gets to be too much.

Here are the links:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-ongoing.html
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-nolonger.html
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-contaminated.html

Please stop by my support group.  The link is in my signature below.  We
specialize in helping people cope with a gluten free lifestyle.  We
encourage personal messages.  So don't be afraid to ask them in the forum.
There is a one time registration, then you login each time you visit the
forum. We also have a chat site as well.  The chat schedule appears on the
START page of the forum.

We welcome your participation.

Abigail Neuman, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group