From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:44:08 EST

Hello Everyone:

I know this is very unorthodox of me to write this, but I must share this
with all of you since you have been like a cyber family to me.

Last night, 3/5/2001 at 5:30PM, I received my Masters Degree in Counseling
Psychology complete with diploma in hand after taking my orals. Wow, you
cannot imagine the feeling (s) after all the struggle with health issues
while in this program. It has taken me 5 1/2 years to complete a two and a
half year program due to multiple illnesses. Because of the issues faced
while in the program, it makes it more exciting to receive the degree because
more was at stake. I was so happy throughout the evening that I exhausted
myself into a deep sleep.  Hey, I need diplomas everyday. HAHA.

It is my hope and dream to open a clinic in Elk River, MN specializing in
Chronic Illnesses and of course alot of education on Celiac Disease. I
believe we need more specialties in this area as there are so many
individuals who are getting ill with one or more illnesses. This territory is
virtually untouched. I would like to claim part of it as it is a pressing
need and I have mounds of experience of my own.

During my oral presentation, a very thought provoking theme came up of how
unresloved issues and mistaken beliefs become so core with us that often
times it literally eats away at an organ. We will ultimately be affected
physically and mentally, resulting in a diseased organ or mental illness. Our
media emphasizes that daily stresses can create illnesses of various
magnitude. What they don't understand is, what mistaken belief or messages
did we receive in our formidible years that says: what we are today is the
product of the engrained message way back when. After a period of time, our
bodies, the smartest parts of us say "no" in protest to the mistaken belief.
Finally, it breaks down, manifesting in some sort of mental illness or
physical illness.

There is alot to think about here. All of you have your own stories and
history, But here is a thought for today,  what changes have you made
emotionally about life in general now that you have this disease?  What
destructive thought or action orientated patterns did you participate in
before the onset of celiac and other diseases that many of us had/have? Are
you changing your thought process so that you can allow your body to heal
too? Remember, the two go hand in hand. If you are not recognizing
destructive thought patterns with this disease, then even if you are not
ingesting gluten or other forbidden grains, your body is going to react in a
similar way that you react while ingesting gluten based on the destructive
thought patterns. I am getting more and more in touch with this in my own
life. It is a bit scarey, but well worth the exploration. We all want total
wellness.

This is pretty cutting edge stuff. I am very excited about moving into this
specialty of counseling.  Anyway:      I AM HAPPY!!!!!!

Thanks letting me share. I think the world of all of you.

Stay g/free.

Lisa