From:
Pilgrim South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:33:20 -0600

Dear Friends,

I have been away from the list for quite a while but here I am back
again.  I am seriously looking a getting a grain mill to mill our rice into
flour for all our baking.  We are three families i.e. Mother, Father, 2
daughters with their husbands and our grandchildren and our still at home
son.  We all live on 12 acres in our own homes just yards away from each
other.  Well, my husband and I both have celiac as well as our 3 children,
1 son-in-law (from England) and so far we are pretty sure 2 and probably 3
of our 5 grandchildren.  Needless to say we use a lot of brown rice
flour.  We are buying it in 25# bags currently but it seems that we would
save quite a bit if we milled it ourself.  I did look at the archives and
read quite a lot of what others said quite some time ago.  I was quite
encouraged to find that several people actually did mill their own rice
(wasn't sure how it would turn out,  actually).  Since some time has gone
by now since the postings in the archives I wanted to ask again what mill
would be a good one for the use that one would have here with so many of us
needing the flour.  They seem quite expensive.  Has anyone ever heard of
Ultramill?  It is in a catalog that I have here.  Of course we are looking
for an electric one, I think I forgot to say that.

My second question was about a bread machine.  I borrowed my daughters
that is 7 years old and it seemed to work great except that I doubled my
bread recipe from Carol Fensters book (sandwhich bread) like I always do
and forgot that her machine was probably a 1 1/2 lb machine.  When it
mixed it didn't mix it so I had to turn it off, mix it and put it back
in and start it again.  I have looked all over the internet for a
recommendation for a good bread machine for "gluten free" bread.  I
noticed that Zojiruski was highly recommended I guess but when I went to
a comparison page it said there were a few negative things that made me
think that it might not be what I wanted.  It used to be what King
Arthurs recommended but it isn't any more.  They still offer it but now
they recommend the Breadman TR2200C.  Does anyone know anything about
that one?  Or what would anyone recommend?

1. Grain mill.

2. Bread Machine.

You are all so helpful!! Thank you ahead of time for helping me again!!
Pilgrim South

Visit our families web site at: http://members.aol.com/SowersSeed