Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:43:10 -0500

Hi All--

I'm going to break with tradition and instead of saying, "I don't intend to
sound like I'm whining, but..." I'm going to say, "I *am* whining and that's
the way it is." I have a couple - two, to be exact - really great recipes to
make my own GF flour tortillas or wraps. If *I* have these recipes, why
isn't a manufacturer offering GF flour wraps already made, rolled out and
ready for sale? Not corn....*flour* tortillas or wraps!!!!

The most difficult meal in the world for me is breakfast. I could do a
thousand healthy things with flour wraps or tortillas to start my day. As it
is, I'm eating unsweetened cereal. Once in a while I have eggs. I don't eat
fruit or anything that requires added sugar first thing in the morning as
I'm sugar intolerant...yup, even the sugar in fruit messes up my blood
sugar. Bacon and sausage are too high in fat for me to tolerate, though I
love both...

We all know how hard it is to cook everything GF from scratch, plus avoid
various additional food sensitivities, but a wrap that contains a couple of
flours, xanthan and water is about as tailored for everyone as I can
imagine. I don't have the time or energy to make my own wraps. There is very
little (almost nothing) that I would buy just for convenience, but a flour
tortilla/wrap is something I would buy.

Have I missed a good flour tortilla on the market? I haven't seen any in
north Alabama, but I know the more northern states have quite a few more
options. If anyone knows of a good, bland, basic flour tortilla that one can
do anything with, already rolled out and packaged, I would love to know
about it...

Thanks so much...Ayn in Alabama