From:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:37:32 -0800

Hi all!

I found this to be a very helpful tip:

"Hi, I make the same R. Reilly recipe too with success.  I also use a plastic zipper bag.  What helps still more I found out, I put the dough, still into the plastic bag, on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 min. before inverting it into the pie plate, and it wont stick nor break at all.
Mireille, co-host of CD Online Support Group Forum:    http://tinyurl.com/57nov"

I've received a few requests for me to share recipes online that I learned in GF cookbooks, and I just don't feel to do so, for several reasons:

1) If it is available in a book, I don't like to publish someone else's material. I suggest we buy the person's book - this helps to support all of the effort that has gone into developing gluten free baking, not to mention cookbooks are copyrighted material. If I've developed the recipe myself, that is another matter, and I have shared some things online here under those circumstances.

The cookbooks I use quite a bit are Betty Hagmann (GF Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy) and Rebecca Reilly (Gluten free Baking). These are very informative. Excellent recipes can also be found on www.celiac.com and the Delphi CD Forum:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

From these books, and others, I've learned to convert other "normal" recipes, too.

2) Usually a book has many other related tips that all contribute to success in gluten free baking and cooking - so I would feel it is incomplete without sharing all of that information.

3) General laziness. I simply like to share some tips quickly as I learn things here or there. I don't want to go an copy a recipe in full detail. That is quite time consuming - plus, as I said before, I appreciate the effort that goes into a cookbook, and that it is copyrighted. I support that.