Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:33:39 +0000

Summary 3: addison's, pituitary, thyroid, celiac
13. I have adrenal insuuiceincy with low salt/high potassium. So weak and suffered 14 years before anyone could diagnose me.  As usual they thought it was depression or some other mental problem. I could not exercise for 10 minutes without paying the price of not being able to function for 3 or 4 days.  I found a fantastic MD in Jefferson University Hospital in Philly.  He gave me florinef for adrenal problems.  Because of the food intolerances that kept getting worse put me on a healing diet for both conditions.  He said the Specific Carbohydrate Diet is the best for healing.  He is one of the few doctors who actually know nutrition.  I was so sick that I agreed.  I am approaching the 2 year mark and am so much better.  I am able to tolerate more foods.  I have more energy than I have had for 16 years. I now go to rehab and exercise 3 days a week for an hour.  I get tired but no longer exhausted.
14.  Celiac is also connected to gallbladder problems.  Gallbladder problems make liver not work properly and that can affect food allergies, hormones that should be cleared/regulated by the liver.  As bile is alkaline, lack of bile will make a portion of the intestines more aciditic which causes dysbiosis.  Answer: I do have gallstones at the bottom of the gallbladder. Recent MRI and ultrsound show no stones are blocking ducts, etc. and gallbladder walls look normal.  I have had stones for 25 years.
15.  I had a similar condition-the worst amino acid profile the holistic MD had ever seen.  Was about to do IV amino acids, but one of the other MD's in the clinic in Atlanta told me about this great product which is rice protein with 18 essential amino acids.  This is a daily dose.  I take it in a bit of soymilk, stevia and water.  It takes 6 months for red blood cells to regenerate.  The product is made by Biotics Research Corp. and may only be able to get it through Dr's office.  Cholesterol has come down 40 points, BP low normal after being elevated for many years.  Have energy and feeling better.  Answer: I have been using Jarrow Formula's 80% Rice Protein concentrated powder which is easily digested and hypoallergenic and gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free.  I cannot eat any of the four previous things.  It has 18 Amino Acids.  I have used the powder daily for two years in a smoothy with L-Glutamine powder, almond milk and fruit which is yummy but still all my amin
o acids were extremely low as I have difficulty absorbing proteins, fats.  Thus, started IV amino acids for at least four months. My endocrinologist said this problem is related to the adrenal insufficiency and complicated by celiac disease and newly dignosed Hashimoto's autoimmune throiditis.
To be continued-
Robin in Massachusetts