Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:35:49 -0400

Summary 2 of 2

Thanks to everyone for the responses! A gallbladder attack was the most
common suggestion, along with IBS, and agreement that people had had
similar experiences after being glutened. The range of responses is
represented below.

God bless,
Deb
------------------

Always look into appendix to rule that out

------------

Deb, I'm no doctor, but think you should probably get yourself /*to*/ a
DOCTOR.  I know that we get to thinking that our world revolves around
gluten, but -- as I'm sure you know -- not everything is caused by
gluten.  I should know, as I thought some mild neurological problems I
had for several years were probably from gluten, and it turned out that
I had a brain tumor.  SO ... just 3 things that spring to mind with your
abdominal pain could be gallbladder, appendix or ulcerative colitis.
 The sweating and near fainting episode is of some concern in that it
might indicate something to do with your heart.  Listen, I am not trying
to scare you -- only to say that what you describe /could/ be serious
... or it might not, and at least you'll know that you're OK.  Take care
of yourself.  Anytime you have that level of pain, I think it's pretty
imperative to see a doctor.

----------

I have that some times and it is acid reflux. It makes one feel like
they are having a heart attack.
Good luck with finding out what it is.

-----------

That's exactly what I used to suffer, with some frequency, before I was
dx (biopsy) in 1996 and began the diet. Although I am religious about
remaining gluten free, sometimes something sneaks in. I have had one or
two repeats of what you describe since dx. In retrospect, I think the
severe pain might have been the sudden production of lots and lots of
gas. My husband just had a colonoscopy and is having a lot of trouble
expelling the air they pump you full of; his pain today reminds me of
what it can feel like.

In short, I think what you describe could be a gluten reaction.

The rule of thumb, I'm told, for getting something checked out is that
it is both atypical and persistent, meaning the symptom goes on for a
month (this, from a recent conversation about ovarian cancer which is,
as you doubtless know, very hard to catch early). Does not sound as
though your symptoms meet that standard, which is good.

*******
*******