From:
Cathy Kourafas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Kourafas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:49:07 -0700

I recently had a bad reaction to a Yogi tea and was surprised to find barley malt in it.  It said on their website that there is no gluten in their teas.  I sent an e-mail questioning this and below is the response.

  Dear Cathy:

Thank you for the email.  The statement should have read "no wheat
gluten".
I brought this to the attention of our webmaster and our research
department and this statement will be corrected.

Barley malt is in only 5 of our 56 flavors of tea.  It is in the
Calming
Tea, Stomach Ease Tea, Fasting Tea, Kava Stress Relief Tea and the
Decaffe
Roast Tea.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Valerie Crowley