Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:31:09 -0500

Sharon,

when these faux pas happen, you need to voice how forgotten you feel.  All 5
of us eat GF, although only 3 of us need to.  I do eat donuts, but...I don't
let my celiacs see them.  I go out late at night, and eat them in the car.
 Once, I did eat one in the bathroom (a friend brought it to me as a treat).
 I know my husband's pain because he CAN'T cheat and I would never dream of
eating old favorites in front of him.  I can't believe your daughter would
cause you pain KNOWINGLY, so let her know how you feel.  She doesn't
understand, but she can sympathize.  I don't understand it, myself.  I just
am glad I'm not one of the 3/5 and my heart goes out to the ones who are.

It's okay to say, "I have feelings, too, guys!"  Being the Mom, it is thought
that we don't.  The best thing you can do for children is let them know you
are human, have feelings and deserve respect.  Otherwise, your sons will
think their wives are "superhuman" and treat them as such, and your daughters
will think they need to be!

Sherry