From:
"Margalith, Ethan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margalith, Ethan
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:00:50 -0700

I did a post where I said I believe that my gluten reaction is caused by
mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings.

I had a few comments, among others,  asking if I had a credible
scientific study to confirm. I do not and I was citing only my opinion.

Besides my own experience, which of course is subjective and anecdotal,
and that of others who have mercury poisoning, consider the following.

It is now a widely held belief that the rise in autism is the result of
mercury in vaccinations. Among parents of autistic children it is a
wildly held belief that symptoms of autism improve on a gluten (and
casein) free diet.

Perhaps if symptoms of mercury poisoning can improve on a gluten free
diet, it is possible that it is mercury poisoning that gave rise to the
gluten sensitivity. I know this is not a logical deduction, I am only
suggesting that there is a correlation that might be shown to be causal.

Further I can tell you that at least some experts in the area of mercury
poisoning believe it to be the case that gluten sensitivity can be the
result of mercury poisoning. Upon inquiry I did find there is nothing in
the medical journals, note however, that I have been told that that
mainstream medical journals have often rejected papers on mercury
issues.

Just my opinion. I think it's worth investigating for people with gluten
problems that do not, by definition, have celiac disease.