From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 13:44:08 -0700

Hi All--

First of all, thanks, Joan, for providing the link to
the article. Secondly, I didn't see any reference to
"gluten-free" in this article, so either I didn't read
what everyone else read, or I missed it.

I don't go to dinner parties, so I didn't feel
"targeted." I also don't think that most celiacs (on
this list, anyway) would be so borish in public. The
medical necessity of a special or restricted diet
brings with it its own set of social rules. (read Jax
Lowell's "Against the Grain" - great advice for social
events).

If there was a reference to "gluten" or "gluten-free"
in this article, I might agree that someone from one
of the national organizations should respond; however,
from what I read, I just hoped I never had to
socialize with such ill-mannered people as were the
depicted "party guests."

Ayn