From:
Bev Lieven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:05:43 EST

Winter 2010

Saturday-Feb. 13, 2010
10:30 a.m.-12:30 pm

     SHARE Warehouse
       13111 W. Silver Spring Drive
Butler, WI

Next Meeting…Many of you are probably asking "Share what?" SHARE is a
nonprofit, volunteer-run food buying club that helps families save on supermarket
quality food. There are has NO income limits, eligibility guidelines, or
membership fees-"If you eat, you qualify!" And it's also similar to celiac in
that you've likely never heard of it unless you know someone who's
personally involved.  SHARE is now in its 25th year and Bev Lieven has been a SHARE
participant and volunteer for most of that time.

While there is little we can do about the cost of gluten-free necessities,
saving on other parts of our food budget-produce, meat and convenience foods
for non-celiac family members, can help make the dollars go farther. And
that's what SHARE offers. While many items on SHARE's month menu contain
gluten, lots of others are naturally gluten-free. As always, figuring out which
is which isn't easy.

FIRST item of business is "Dress in layers"-The warehouse can be chilly!
We'll start at 10:30.
At 11:00, SHARE's Director Paulette Flynn will stop by for a short
presentation, answer questions & maybe a tour.  SHARE has a great distribution
system that reaches remote areas of the state & U.P.-locations where things are
not as celiac friendly--Maybe this dialogue can help change that.

    SHARE is holding a Warehouse Sale 9 am-Noon that Saturday. Our meeting
was scheduled during this time so you could check out the products and read
the labels. (You can do that pre-meeting but it will be busy with shoppers.)
And since we're meeting around noon, plan to enjoy a light lunch made with
some of the typical SHARE food while we talk.  Map & directions are inside.
As always, treats + recipes are welcome and appreciated.

Members NL will arrive later this week.