Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:14:20 -0700
Greater Cleveland
Celiac Association Meeting Sunday, Septembe

Greater Cleveland
Celiac Association Meeting Sunday, September 13 AND Upcoming Events

Greater Cleveland
Celiac Association CSA Chapter #50 upcoming events:

I hope you had a
great summer..  The kids should all be
back in school by now and it is time to get back into the swing of things.   I have a great year planned for the Celiac
group and I hope you will be able to attend many if not all of our events.  There is a lot of important information to
cover as many things are happening in the next 2 months. Please read all the
way through, as there is important time sensitive information you will not want
to miss. Speaking of which, it is time for our next Celiac support group
meeting!

Sunday September 13, 2009  is National
Celiac Disease Awareness Day

 Next Support Group Meeting Sunday, September
13

Important information
regarding the Columbus
Conference

  The
National CSA Conference, etc. below

 Reminder:
The next meeting of the Greater Cleveland Celiac Association CSA Chapter #50 will be at the:

Solon Branch of
the Cuyahoga County Public Library

Sunday, September 13th

2:00 PM

34125 Portz Parkway Solon, 44139

The library is off of Route 91 (SOM Centre road) about
1/2 mile south of Route 43

( Aurora
road) in Solon.

If you need specific directions--Please
go to http://tinyurl.com/33y3k3 or   www.mapquest.com
or  www.yahoomaps.com or Call the library:
440-248-8777

   E-Mail Cindy with any questions: [log in to unmask]   and to RSVP

Special Guest Speaker

Kimberlee Ullner

Founder of 1-2-3 Gluten Free, Inc.

Topic:

Cooking/Baking Gluten Free … How to Modify Recipes

ABOUT
Kimberlee Ullner

Kimberlee founded 1-2-3
Gluten Free in 2004 because she come from a family of 6 celiacs.  Although
her biscuit mix is her signature product, and bestseller, she has 13 other
products and over 80 recipes available.  1-2-3 Gluten Free, Inc is known for the versatility of their
products and ease to make.  Each
certified gluten free and certified kosher pareve mix makes a lot so consumers
get more mix for their money.

All of her products are all-natural,
GMO-free, and produced in a dedicated gluten-and allergen-free facility in the USA.  Her
products are sold all over the United
  States.

We have tried many 1-2-3 Gluten Free products at our
meetings in the past, and know they are excellent, but for those of you who may
not have tasted her products and those of us who just cannot get enough of
them…

 Kimberlee promised to bring a lot of
samples for us to taste on Sunday.

Come
ready to share your thoughts, take notes, and enjoy gluten free food!

**Please bring your
favorite gluten free side dish to share along
with 2 dozen copies of the recipe if possible. (Kimberlee will supply the dessert) be sure to RSVP

Please include any
brand names of ingredients, if
available, to help those with multiple sensitivities.

We will also be discussing any gluten
free products you have found to be especially good or bad since our
last meeting as well as new sources for gluten free products

Bring
any questions you may have regarding the gluten free
diet.

An additional reminder - the library has a refrigerator and a microwave oven if needed

In addition to our regular
meeting,

We will be discussing plans for future events

Future events- mark your calendars if you haven’t already

I have said for a long
time that my friend Lee Tobin, the person who started the Gluten  Free Bakehouse at Whole Foods, promised he
would come to Cleveland.    Well he is finally going to be here THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
– Please come and meet him.  Feel
free to ask him questions and make suggestions for gluten free products you
would like him to make.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009
  Gluten Free Event at Whole Foods Noon to 2 PM

Whole Foods Market welcomes special guest Lee Tobin, founder of
the Gluten Free Bakehouse, for a FREE “Meet-the-Maker” lunchtime demo
and Q&A (Noon - 2:00 p.m.), followed by a comprehensive Allergy-Friendly
Shopping Tour (7:00-8:00 p.m.) for registered attendees.

WHERE:        Whole Foods
 Market Cedar
 Center

13998 Cedar
  Road (at Warrensville Center Road), University Heights

ABOUT
LEE TOBIN AND GLUTEN-FREE:

Lee Tobin, from Whole Foods
Market Gluten Free Bakehouse in North
  Carolina, is one of the many people who live with Celiac Disease and deal with food challenges every
day.  While a Whole Foods team member in our Chapel Hill (NC) store, Lee
Tobin began experimenting with Gluten-free baking on his own time, developing
recipes that rivaled conventional goods in flavor and texture!  Lee's
commitment to creating high quality gluten-free products that also met the Whole Foods Market Quality Standards is the reason that
the Whole Foods Market Gluten Free Bakehouse came to be in October of
2004.

 Drop in at Whole Foods at Cedar Center between
Noon - 2:00 p.m. on September 9th for an informal, free lunchtime demo of some
of the fabulous, freshly-baked products from their Gluten Free Bakehouse, with
Team Leader Lee Tobin here in person to field questions - and autograph your
purchases!  Then, come back from 7:00-8:00 p.m. for a comprehensive,
guided store tour, highlighting the extensive array of allergy-friendly and
special diet products that Whole Foods Market offers - from meals and beverages
to body care products and more!  Informative and fun, attendees will be
invited to sample select products and share useful feedback with other members
of the group.

Space is
limited - please call  class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1053">

class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1054">'
class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1055">

class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1056"> class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1057">

class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1058">216-932-3918  to reserve your spot before September 8th

 Sunday, October 11, 2008   Support
group meeting - details later

*October 30 - November 1,
2009 32nd Annual CSA Conference Erie,
 Pennsylvania

This year’s national
CSA Conference is going to be close by in Erie, PA

Below is information regarding the upcoming CSA Conference
in Erie, PA (October
30-November 1).  If you are planning to attend and are interested in
sharing rides/hotels, please send me an email [log in to unmask]
) as I am keeping a list of people who are planning to attend.

National
Celiac Sprue Association (CSA) Conference  http://www.csaceliacs.org/Conferences/2009AnnualCSAConference.php  Click
on the links on the left side of the page to get details of the conference- All
meals are gluten free and are included in the price as well as many gluten free
snacks.  Vendors will also be there
sampling and selling their products. Be sure to check out the pre-conference
activities scheduled on October 29th

Sheraton Hotel Reservations:  Hotel
cutoff date is September 27.  Sheraton will hold room block until Sept. 27, any
rooms not reserved will be released for sale to general public.  To make
room reservations – Be sure to mention you are part of Celiac Sprue Association
to get the Conference rate at the hotel.  http://www.csaceliacs.org/Conferences/2009ConferenceHotel.php

Conference Registration:
 Register by Oct. 12 (registration
fees increase 30% on 10/13/09).  Registration Form -

http://www.csaceliacs.org/Conferences/documents/2009ConferenceRegistrationForm.pdf

This is a unique opportunity to meet and talk with many of
the experts in the Celiac world.  For a list
of speakers click here: http://www.csaceliacs.org/Conferences/2009Presenters.php

* Saturday, November 7,
2008 Columbus Conference  Nationwide Children’s Hospital

 Children's Hospital  Nationwide Children's Hospital Education Center

     700 Children's Drive

            Phone:  class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1040">

class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1041">
class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1042">
class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1043"> class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1045">

class="skype_tb_img_space" v:shapes="_x0000_i1047">614-355-0662'
class="skype_tb_img_adge" v:shapes="_x0000_i1049">
 class="skype_tb_img_adge" v:shapes="_x0000_i1050">

     Columbus, OH 43205
Fax:   614-355-0670

Keynote speakers this year
will be Dr. Stefano Guandalini  and  author Carol Fenster.

This Regional Conference will be Saturday-
Nov.7th 7:30 am - 3:30 pm   More details at our meeting on Sunday.

Registration Fees:  $35 per person for
registrations postmarked by September 18th early
registration deadline.   For conference information and
to register.    Click on: http://tinyurl.com/5hlq6j

After Sept 18, registration fee is $40 per person. Children 11 and under attend
free.

Payment can be made by cash, check, Visa or Master Card.

Registration fee includes:

Educational materials and activities, lunch and snack breaks. Register as
soon as possible, as the conference fills quickly.

December 6, 2008  Support group meeting and Annual Cookie exchange

 January 11, 2009   Support group meeting

**Note
all meeting times are 2 P.M. unless stated otherwise**

 ****************

am looking forward to seeing you

Sunday,
September 13th at the Solon Library

 Everyone is
welcome!

We encourage family
members - especially of the newly diagnosed to attend.

**Please let me know,
either way, if you will attend.  We want
to make sure we have enough samples for everyone. Please RSVP as soon as possible by
e-mail to:

-or-

by phone to Cindy 440-248-6671  Thanks.

See you there.

 Please forward this e-mail to anyone
who may be interested in attending any of our events.

 If
this email was forwarded to you and you would like to join our email list
contact Cindy at [log in to unmask]

Note:

If your email changes, please let me know so I can continue
to keep you informed of future events.

Cindy Koller-Kass

President

Greater Cleveland Celiac Association