From:
Linda Etherton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:41:55 -0700

Hi all,

I recently made some granola (Bette Hagman recipe) which was very good.
However, I reacted to it.  It took me 3 or 4 times to figure it out
because I didn't suspect it at all.  I have narrowed it down to the
puffed rice and millet that I used in it.  They were both Arrowhead
Mills brand.  I'm wondering if I reacted to gluten because of cross
contamination or if I don't tolerate millet.  I know that millet is
gluten free but some people may react to it.  I'm hoping it's the millet
but my reaction was very gluten-like except that I reacted sooner than
expected (about 1/2 hour).  I'm thinking about trying the recipe again
without the millet, but there never seems to be a good time to plan to
get sick.  I thought I would draw on your experiences first.

Have any of you had a gluten reaction to Arrowhead Mills puffed rice or
millet?

Do any of you have trouble with millet and what kind of reaction do you
get?

Thanks,

Linda in MD