From:
roger weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
roger weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:29:54 -0700

Hello Listmates,

I just got a gluten crash from the capsule used to make a product at a
formulating drug store.  They used the vegetable capsule instead of the GF
methyl cellulose capsule because someone forgot to check the computer and
note that I am gluten intolerant.

I just did some quick research on the internet on empty caps to see what
they can be made from and which are gluten free.  They can be vegetable,
gelatin, methyl cellulose, fish gel, and perhaps other items.  Vegetable
caps seem to be the most suspect, but don't assume the others are GF.  Most
sites do not say that their products are GF, but this includes a lot of
stores as opposed to manufacturers.  One manufacturer lists some that are
Kosher and GF.

Check to see what your capsules are made of and if they are GF.

Roger Weiss, WA