From:
Rich Sutter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:13:47 -0400

> How do we educate dieticians?

Aha, another who has had a shared experience, regarding the training and
education of hospital dieticians.  Our two year-old daughter, a "celiac,"
was being treated at a Louisville hospital which referred us to a a staff
dietician.  We accepted the appointment, hoping to learn some helpful hints,
etc., and we were quite disappointed to observe that the dietician learned
more from us!  Her support materials were a decade old and the advice she
provided, as the "resident expert" was sadly outdated and incorrect.  We
spent an hour education *her* and then, received a bill from the hospital
for our session.

Moral of the story?  This list server network has been our education process
and we have since discovered a wonderful and very, very competent pediatric
GI who has provided us with the same advice: keep your ears and eyes open,
discuss your celiac stories with others and learn
as much as you possibly can, from a variety of sources.

Thanks for sharing.

Rich Sutter <email:  [log in to unmask]>
Director of Annual Giving
Hanover College
P. O. Box 108
Hanover, Indiana 47243