Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:14:57 +0000

Summary Part 2: addison's, pituitary, thyroid, celiac continued
8.  Rebuilding adrenal function is something that takes a lot of time and a lot of supplements but it can be done.  Be sure you are off dairy as well as gluten.  See article at http://www.naturalfoodworks.com?p=3  Answer: I have been off dairy for about 6 years, gluten for three although the first year didn't know about hidden gluten and got worse.
9.  I am most interested in what particular foods I can rely on.  I don't feel good eating much salt.  I have a hard time losing much weight at all.  I suspect my thyroid is a bit low but not low enough to show up on a test.  I do have toenail fungus.  My fatigue has been slowly improving along with my memory.  I had real short term memory problems for several years.  Several years ago I suspected adrenal problems although the endocrinologist just scoffed at that notion.  Thanks for your comments.
10.  Would like to know the name of your doctor.  Have similar symptoms and complexities without weight loss (sadly) or thirst and am excited about a doctor who understands complexity.  Answer: My doctor is Dr. Nada Kerouz in Winchester.
17.  Your problems sound like my wife's 7 years ago.  Endocrinologist found out she had too much Cortisol in her system.  MRI showed a small tumor on the pituitary gland. It took another 2 years in hospital in Canada.  Wife has died.
Surgeon told him that these tumors sometimes are too small to be detected but can cause serious health problems.  Removing tumor is the only permanent solution.
18.  Interested in the 17 tests.  Answer: CBC with Diff, Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, B12, Cortisol, FSH, Iron, Magnesium, Prolactin, Protein Electrophoresis, PTH Intact, Somatomedin C, Thyroid Peroxidase, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, T3, Vitamin D Hydroxy, Renin, Aldosterone.
19.  Jama Patient Summary:   http://jama.amg-assn.org/cgi/content/full/294/19/2528  Get text with a free sign up.
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/294/19/2481
To be continued
Robin in Massachusetts