From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:10:32 -0400

This message contains food stores in the Portland area.

I asked for recommendations for restaurants and food stores near
Portland, Augusta, Brunswick, Lewiston-Auburn.  Whoa did you guys come
through with recommendations.  The response was incredible!!  I'm
breaking this into several messages to keep each message at a manageable
length.

THANK YOU to everyone who replied.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PORTLAND AREA FOOD STORES
General Comments:  "In Portland, there's plenty of health food stores
and the area groceries (Shaw's and Hannafords) have health food
sections.  I can find some of what I need at any of these stores."

Lois Natural Marketplace
152 US Route One
Scarborough, ME 04074
(207) 885-0602
Comments:  "My favorite one-stop store is Lois' on Route 1 in
Scarborough.  She has everything I like (GF pantry brownies and breads,
cereals, soups, and even Chebe).  She's also a good place to go for
"junk food" (pretzels, Glutano cookies and crackers)."

Natural Grocer
Route 25 (Gorham Village)
Gorham, ME 04039
Phone:  207-839-6223

New Morning Natural Foods
230 Main Street
Biddeford, ME 04005

Shaw's Supermarket - WILD HARVEST
Route 302 - 770 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME 04062
207-892-5159

Whole Grocer
Marginal Way
Portland, ME 04104
Phone:  207-774-7711

Wild Oats
84 Marginal Way
Portland, ME
Phone:  207-699-2626
Store Director:  Scott Reed
Comments:  "...also has a deli where you can usually find something
pre-made to eat -they list all ingredients and are ready to double check
gf status of any ingredients."

Hannaford - NATURE'S PLACE
49 Topsham Fair Mall Rd., Suite #1
Topsham, ME 04086
Phone:  207-729-5124

Hannaford - NATURE'S PLACE
65 Gray Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
(Across from Turnpike Exit 10 on the Gray Road in Falmouth)
Phone:  207-878-0050

Hannaford - NATURE'S PLACE
756 U.S. Route 1
Yarmouth, ME 04096