From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:30:42 -0500

A new restaurant opened in Delafield, Wisconsin.  It's called "Five Guys
Burgers & Fries".  All they sell is burgers & fries & soft drinks, so we were very
excited about the idea of being able to get good, GF fries.  We went there
tonight and the food was great.  The fries are cooked in peanut oil and salted,
and they're made with fresh potatoes that have been soaked in water only.
They're really good.  The burgers were good too, and when we placed our
order, the person at the counter knew what gluten was when I asked for the
burger without the bun.  ENCOURAGING!  Here's the response from Five Guys
to my email asking about gluten content:

"Our beef is just 80% lean ground beef with nothing added

Our hotdogs are Hebrew National Brand

Our fries are just potatoes, soaked in water, and then cooked in 100% peanut
oil. Nothing else is fried in this oil.

We also offer Heinz ketchup which does not contain gluten

Our bread does contain eggs, soy and dairy.

Our bread is toasted, but usually on a separate grill. However, there is always
a chance for cross contamination, so please be cautious. We do, however,
have many people with Celiac disease tell us that they can eat at Five Guys.
If you are interested in nutritional information, please visit our website and
click on the menu section.

Our burgers are cooked on our grill and are not fried in peanut oil. We do,
however serve peanuts in bulk containers so please be careful with your son in
our stores. I hope this information was helpful.  Thank you for your interest in
Five Guys."

*******
*******