From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:28:22 -0500

I haven’t called the company yet, but have gotten some good responses from list mates.

Someone said it contains wheat, which I surely felt like, but the company story isn’t quite that declarative.

Someone sent me this: "• Sensodyne toothpaste. Sensodyne states that its Pronamel line of toothpastes is gluten-free. The company doesn't use gluten ingredients in any of its other toothpastes, but says its raw materials suppliers cannot guarantee there's no gluten contamination in them."
http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/GlutenFreePersonalCareProducts/a/Gluten-In-Toothpaste-Should-I-Worry.htm

Others recommend ProNamel, which I usually use, or AquaFresh for Sensitive Teeth, which I’ve used, as well.

And one person said she uses Sensodyne without reacting.  All I know is we weren’t eating out this past week, like we usually do, and both reactions were within the hour or less of using the toothpaste. Could be, in the past, when I had Sensodyne and no reaction, it wasn’t after being glutened.  I’m still healing from a recent “accident.”  It’s rare.  I don’t panic over it.  Happens to all of us eventually.

I still swear by Glutenease 2X.  I haven’t compared ingredients, but it could be nothing more than the stuff in products like Gas X, that break up gas.  I haven’t used Gas X in many years, and have no idea if it exists or is gf.  I don’t plan to look for it.  But the few times I used Glutenease 2X (from Whole Foods), I got great results.

Not sure what I’ll do with the Sensodyne.  It was a double package.  I’ll ask around and give the unused tube to someone.  The open one is going in the trash!

Thanks a lot folks.

Lin