From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:55:36 -0400

I made really easy squash soup for company this week. Company loved it.

Take boxed gf butternut or cream of butternut soup. You decide how many boxed by the size of your crowd. Generously flavor with cinnamon and add nutmeg to taste.

Nuke or cook acorn squash, peel, cut into chunks and simmer in soup for a few minutes, then add a few pieces to each bowl of soup. Again... Small group, one squash. Big crowd, buy more.

At serving time, roughly crumble a gf ginger snap cookie in each serving on top of the soup,  and top with a few fresh mint leaves, if available.

I also took several raw tiny pumpkins and two large raw colorful acorn squashes (level bottoms a must) and cut holes in top and put votive candles in pumpkins and small squat candles in squash..for Fall centerpieces. Do not eat these afterwards. Wax toxic!!!

Sent from my iPhone
*******
*******