From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:03:29 -0700

I've been trying to find out if a certain drug (Avodart for prostate
problems in men) is free of gluten. So I called GlaxoSmithkline, and they
told me that while that they do not make the drug with any wheat, oats,
barley, rye or spelt, they DO use some ingredients from outside suppliers
(for things like binders and gelatins in the capsules and stuff) and they
cant guarantee what is or is not in those products.

What have you folks done in this case? Is it possible to send a drug to an
independant lab and have them analyze it for gluten content? Thats probably
a pipe-dream, or is very expensive if it is a reality, but I thought I'd
ask. Thank you!