From:
Margo Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:05:30 +0000

Folks,

Firstly may I say, it's great to be on the list, in my life
I've only ever met 1 other Coeliac and it's great to hear from
so many people with the same condition.

Really my summary could be one line:

'Once a Coeliac always a Coeliac'

Many peopled mailed me with similiar experiences and warned me against
pursueing any further 'gluten experiments' (so to speak).  One or two
people told me how they now regret periods they spent off the diet.  One
person sent me a great article by a Dr. Murray who explained why a
celiac should not consume any amount of gluten.  In the article Dr.
Murray states that a celiac should treat gluten the same as one would
treat rat poison.  I'm sure the article has been posted before on the
list but I've the article here if anyone would like me to send it on to
them.

I also had 1 or two enquiries on my spelling of coeliac.  I see on
the list it's spelt celiac but here it's usually spelt coeliac. I
think this is purely down to an American/European spelling difference.
Just my opinion though!

Thanks again for all your replies,

Margo.

Margo Cronin             email:  [log in to unmask]
IONA Technologies PLC    ftp:  ftp.iona.com           tel:    +353-1-6372586
Shelbourne Rd            WWW:  http://www.iona.com/   fax:    +353-1-6625244
IRL - Dublin 4           Ireland HQ:+353-1-6625255    Tollfree:(800) orbix4u

               "Making software work together (tm)"