From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:51:03 -0400

Hi All, Last week, I asked for your feedback on the following meds which
my primary care MD suggested:

*Macrobid 100mg - for urinary and colon infection

    I got just one response on this antibiotic.

    I'm leery of antibiotics anyway, so won't take this one.

*Miacalcin - nasal spray for osteoporosis
   Several responses.  I'm still not sure about this.

*Quinine Sulfate - for leg cramps
   I'll be trying the quinine water for a while.

I am again moved by the numerous responses from you.... my summary follows
in the next 2 or 3 memos.  Thanks to you all!!

...Mildie O.

RE:  Macrobid (for infection):

 I took it briefly and then stopped after experiencing some tingling.  When
I did a search I learned that many people have long term irreversible nerve
damage from this drug.  It is inexpensive, which is why HMO's like it.

When I complained my MD just switched to another drug for UT infections.