Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:49:04 +0100

Joe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It is imperative that people with celiac disease come to the
>realization that doctors don't know anything about celiac disease and
>that they don'twant to know anything about celiac disease.

<clip>

>This is where we stand and I think it's time we face up to that and
>stop pretending there is any hope of any change in this.  Doctors don't
>know anything about celiac disease and they obviously aren't interested
>in it.  I consider this a good thing.  Treat yourself and stay away from
>doctors who sometimes do potentially dangerous, invasive biopsies that
>are completely worthless.
>
>Joe Clemens, Port Angeles, WA  [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

I can understand why many of us feel this way but I do not agree fully
with the poster. It is very important we make doctors aware of our
problem! And there are some great doctors out there who knows a lot
about celiacs. many doctors are interested and it seemes as the more
they hear and learn about it the more interested they get!
Please always try to find a doctor before experimenting with Your body,
it might be something else than celiac!
I can also report that we have excatly the same problem with doctors in
Europe, but slowly they are coming to senses and relize we are many who
suffer from this!
So, don't give up!

Anna M