From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:31:48 -0400

Below is the response (with GF menu items) for Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore
********************

Thank you for your interest in our Ruth's Chris Steak House menu and ingredients.  If you take a look at our menu on the website, you will see that our menu is made up of very basic ingredients, which should enable you to make confident menu decisions.  Our chef will also be more than happy to try to accommodate any request you may have as well.
The information below is based on information gained through educational websites on Celiac Disease and a gluten-free diet.  Although, the items listed here are noted with or without wheat, rye, oats, barley or flour, this is not a guarantee that unknown gluten will not be present in the basic products we use (for example:  Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce is used in the Shrimp Remoulade and Cocktail).  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like further research on a specific menu item and it's ingredients.
 Appetizers/Soups/Salads
     * GF
        Barbequed Shrimp
        Shrimp Remoulade
        Shrimp Cocktail
        Onion Soup (WITHOUT croutons)
        Ahi Tuna (WITHOUT sauce)
        All salads (WITHOUT croutons)
        All salad dressings (EXCEPT Ranch --outside source)
     * NOT GF
        Mushrooms with Crab
        Crab Cakes
        Lobster Bisque.
        Gumbo is questionable due to outside source for roux.
        Ranch dressing (outside source).
 Entrees
     * GF:  All entrees (EXCEPT Stuffed Chicken Breast) would be acceptable.  Steaks are only seasoned with salt, pepper and butter.
     * NOT GF:  The Stuffed Chicken Breast is questionable due to Ranch dressing.
 Sides
     * GF
        All potatoes (EXCEPT Au Gratin)
        All vegetables (EXCEPT Creamed and Au Gratin)
     * NOT GF
        Au gratin Potatoes
        Creamed and au gratin vegetables
 Desserts
     * GF
        Cheesecake
        Chocolate Sin Cake
        Berries with Cream
     * NOT GF
        Banana Cream Pie
        Apple Crumb Tart
        Crème Brulee
        Bread Pudding
Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.  I do hope for your continued enjoyment of Ruth's Chris Steak House.  Thank you!

Melissa Lyons
Culinary Office
504-454-9049