From:
Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:48:52 -0800

I contacted Lilly at their customer support number.  (800) 545-5979.  The
representative I spoke with was very nice and told me that as a rule all of
Lillys medications are gluten free.  He then looked up specifically the
alcohol used in Lillys liquid products, he told me they use a synthetic
alcohol which does not contain gluten.  Hes sending me a copy of a letter
Lilly sends out regarding the GF status of their medications, which I will
post when I receive.

I received many helpful suggestion/responses to my question.  Thank you all
for your responses and support.  This group is wonderful.

A number of folks recommended I contact Stokes Pharmacy in Medford, NJ, as
they will custom make GF formulations of medications.  Their phone number is:
1-800-754-5222, and their web address site is located at:
http://www.stokesrx.com <http://www.stokesrx.com/> .

Someone suggested I write to:  Steve Plogsted, Pharmacy D, Children's
Hospital, 700 Children's Drive, Columbus, OH 43205.  He has complialed a GF
medicine list for our support group, The Miami Valley Support Group as well
as the Columbus area support groups.

Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit

Anahiem, California

Home page http://members.tripod.com/Jeanne0o0