From:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:41:05 -0500

Are children with short stature caused by CD also thin, ie, is it essentially a problem of inadequate nutrition - or is there something else going on?  My daughter (age 12) is falling behind in her growth.  Although I don't know her percentile, she is the smallest one in her group of friends.  However, she is a completely normal weight.  If anything she has a 2 or 3 extra pounds.  We have all heights in our family, from very short to very tall, so anything is possible.  She has been tested for CD twice.  The only thing that showed up was mildly positive antigliadin antibodies.  She also has an ongoing problem with flatulance so I am very suspicious.