From:
Joany Janicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:23:15 EST

Hi everyone-

I am thinking about going on a sailing trip in the British Virgin Islands in
the Spring, and I am writing to find out if there is any one on the list who
has gone on this type of trip before and what experiences they had finding or
preparing gluten free foods.

I will be chartering a sailboat for a week with friends, and the boat will
come partially provisioned - I have no idea with what types of food, or even
any foods that would be available at stores before we take off.  There will
be a small kitchen with cooking facilities and I think a refrigerator and a
grill on the boat.  I don't know if there is a freezer or if it is a cooler
that needs to be filled with ice.  We will be on the water for the full week,
stopping everyday in a new island or cove and swim to shore for more
provisions and some meals, which I am assuming I would be able to find some
type of freshly broiled seafood.

If anyone has gone on a trip like this, I would love to hear from you and
find out what types of food you brought with you and what types of food you
found sailing around.

Thanks so much for your help,

Joany Janicki

Joany Janicki, Washington, DC