From:
The Zelinski's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Zelinski's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:57:40 -0600

Thank you to all of you who have responded so quickly to my post.  Several people suggested checking his thyroid.  He has already had a thyroid panel done which came back normal.  I was referred to a Pediatric Endocrinologist by his GP and the Endo is actually the one who diagnosed the Celiac Disease and referred me to the Pediatric GI we are now seeing.  Prior to that the GP put him on anti-depressants to control his weight and some symptoms of depression he was having. I have read that Celiac can cause symptoms of depression as well, so I am hoping on the GF diet he will be able to go off of the anti depressants eventually.  They have not had any effect on his weight or appetite however.  It is good to know that there are other Celiacs out there who are overweight and that he is not so atypical.  I am really hoping that as his body heels and he absorbs nutrients better he will begin to loose some weight.

Thank you to all of you who previously responded :)

Valerie Zelinski, IL.