Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:58:59 -0500

: I spoke with Kraft Canada several months ago regarding what the
: starch was in their Miracle Whip dressing.
:
: I also double-checked with the Canadian Celiac Association
:
: Miracle Whip was not listed : it contains cornstarch

Hello Joanne,

Sometimes things are so confusing.
I am a director of product information for our local chapter,
so I find it very distressing when there are conflicting reports
in products.

I, too have spoken with Kraft, as well as discussed the
"Miracle Whip" issue with my local chapter.
The main problem with it was more an issue of  "unknown source"
of spices, which is a stance many companies are taking today.

 We are now trying to address the labeling problem of companies
not declaring gluten in their seasonings, spices, and natural flavours
by contacting The Minister if Health, and local MPs.
Apparently now is a good time to gain government support
as the Liberals are trying to gain public approval.
Postage is free.

The Minister of Health
Honourable Allan Rock
House of Commons