From:
David C. <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:08:43 -0500

From Pollstar.com:

Kid Rock Sidekick
Joe C. Dead At 26
Fri, Nov 17 2000

Joe C., the diminutive rapper who threatened to upstage Kid Rock, died in
his sleep the night of November 16. Born Joseph Calleja, the 26-year-old
suffered from an intestinal disorder called Celiac disease. He was at home
in Taylor, Mich., when he died.

"We have lost part of our family,'' Kid Rock said on behalf of his Twisted
Brown Trucker band. "Joey gave us and the world his love. He brought a smile
to everyone who has ever known or seen him. In a world full of confusion,
Joey made all of us laugh. No matter what color, religion, race, or beliefs
we have, he made us all smile. He gave us the gift of joy. Joey, thank you.
We will never forget you. We love you."

Lava Records President Jason Flom said, "Joe C. was an extraordinary
inspiration. He overcame tremendous adversity to become a great performer
and a truly wonderful human being. Despite living with chronic pain, Joe C.
never let his condition prevent him from living life to the fullest and
brightening the lives of everyone who knew him, on or off the stage. He was
a deeply loved member of our extended family and we will all miss him
greatly."

Joe C. stood three-foot-nine but there was nothing small about his
personality. He was often mistaken for a child, but his sharp wit, tough guy
persona, and confident onstage delivery was anything but childlike. Funeral
and memorial plans for Joe C. were not immediately available.