From:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:40:56 -0600

I exchanged several e-mails with a rep at PF Changs today.  I had been to a
location in Austin, TX and had Gluten Free Items, but did not have a list to
keep so I can plan ahead for future visits.  (I'll paste in below what the
list they sent me, which I believe is the same basic one posted last year.)
The location in Austin also had Wheat-Free Soy Sauce.  But perhaps the best
news was the reply I got when I mentioned I would post the list here with
the typical note of, double check when you get there, but as of Feb 2003
this is what they are thinking.  His reply:

That would be great.we are actually rolling a Gluten Free menu with
recommendations into all of our restaurants.we have come to realize how
prevalent this is and we are very happy to accommodate our guest with
special dietary needs.

Recommendations for Gluten-Intolerant Diets

. Steamed fish of the day - ask for "No Sauce" - it will still come with
ginger, scallions and hot oil. Ask for Substitute sauce.
. Stir-fried Spinach and Garlic*
. Steamed Buddha's Feast*
. Sugar Snap Peas*
. Singapore Street Noodles* - make sure you order "No White Wine Sauce" use
the substitute sauce.
. Cantonese Shrimp or Scallops - order "No White Wine Sauce" - use the
substitute sauce.
. Ginger Chicken and Broccoli- Steamed, "No Sauce" use the substitute sauce.
. Cantonese Chow Fun- Order "Substitute Noodles" - Rice Sticks (Angel Hair).
Order "Substitute Sauce"
. Lemon Chicken**
. Lemon Scallops**
. Oriental Chicken Salad
. Cold Cucumber Salad - order "No Soy Sauce"

. Substitute Sauce = Garlic, Ginger, Rice Wine, Chicken Stock, Sichuan
Pepper, Salt and Sugar***

* You can add any of our marinated Chicken, Shrimp, Scallops, or Calamari
(these marinades contain Corn Starch).

** These dishes contain both Potato and Corn Starches.

*** This sauce actually works well as a flavorful substitution to a lot of
dishes that have our Dark Sauce or Kung Pao Sauce.

Most importantly please inform your server of your condition they will make
sure the chefs understand your requests. Also ask the manager or chef if
they carry "wheat free" soy sauce in the restaurant.