From:
Bilodeau / Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:32:33 -0500

Thanks Karen for your summary.

I still experience abnormal fatigue after 8 months gluten-free, so I am very
interested by the subject.

Karen mentionned in the summary:

>Possible remedies suggested were:
>Vitamin B12 injections- 3 replies
>folic acid pills-3 replies
>iron pills or increasing dietary iron intake- 1 response ( although as a
>nurse practitioner, I caution people to be careful when self prescribing
>iron suppliments, as they have be shown to lead to heart disease).
>
>Megavitamin therapy- 2 reponses
>Vitamin B suppliments- 5 responses
>Cod Liver Oil (vit A and D)- 1 response
>Calcium and Magnesium with Vit. D- 1 response
>DHEA 5 mg. per day- ( one MD suggested this as a treatment for possible
>"adrenal exhaustion".

Usually I prefer to take vitamin from food than from a pill, I would like to
know the best natural source of these supplements, if possible (can you get
DHEA from food?).  If not, the best brand for supplement and the safe
dosage.

I will summarize your responses.

Thanks in advance.

Johanne