Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:53:33 -0600

I've had some more requests ofr info about zinc:

The ingredients for Whole Foods brand Cool Lemon Zinc Lozenges:

Zinc (z. gluconate, z. amino acid complex) ...23 mg
Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid)...100 mg
In a base of bee propolis and bioflavinoids.
Sweetened with fructose, sorbitol, naturalbrown rice syrup solids and
natural lemon flavor.

The explanations I've seen on television about the use of z. lozenges have
indicated that the action is somewhat topical (to the throat, otherwise why
not pop a zinc capsule and not deal with the *taste*). So I'm unsure what
to sy aboput the "allegations" about sorbitol inhibiting the absorption of
zinc in the body. I question Quigley's assertion about sorbitol, simply
because they are the only brand I've seen that doesn't have sorbitol in the
list.

All I know is that we're not sick!

Whole Foods Market is one of life's little salvations! If you don't have
one in your neighborhood, perhaps contacting the company would help. Their
address is:

Whole Foods Market
Austin, TX 78703

I'm not a stockholder or anything...

I just went to the store and started checking all the bottles of zinc
lozenges until I found one with a GF ingredients list. Anyone could do the
same with whatever brands are locally available to them. One of the reasons
I'm so "up" on WFM is because they are *super* good about watching out for
"*.*intolerant" people like us!

The jar of 60 I bought was under $5. Cold Eeze is going for $7/30 lozenges,
when our Walgreen's has them in stock.

Amy Anderson in Texas