From:
Kathy Velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:46:33 -0400

Hi everybody.  wondering if anyone has experienced gluten reactions to
vaccines.  i received the first of my three lyme vaccines today and i am
now very tired with my stomach a mess (for me, bloated,"numb" and
uncomfortable).  the nurse told me i would have "flu-like" symptoms in a
week, but i have symptoms now, just like i ingested gluten!!  I thought
vaccines were ok since they are injected into the muscle to enter the
bloodstream and are not ingested, and therfore do not enter the small
intestine.  can anyone lend some insight into this?  I know i did not
eat anything wrong today --- but i am being tested for further allergies
too.  Any help???  thanks. Kathy V