From:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:58:40 -0500

Hi All.

It has been a while since I found the time to do more than skim posts, and
am behind in a few things I wanted to post, so please forgive a flurry of
e-mails, but I hope to isolate each item by subject. :)

First, I went on a road trip from NY to Texas, not the most direct route,
but a wonderful scenic drive, during which we stopped in Harrisburg, PA.

I went to Great Wall Chinese Buffet and Restaurant at 3852 Union Deposit
Road, Harris Burg, PA 17109  Dauphin Plaza, Unit E-1.

I was hoping there would be something safe in a white sauce, but everything
in the white sauce had imitation crab, which is a no no.  So I took my plate
of nothing but steamed rice to my waitress to ask if there was anything
without soy sauce, a man came up (turned out to be the manager) and asked
what I was asking, I explained in very broad terms, I'm allergic to soy
sauce, so I was hoping for something like Chicken and Broccoli made without
soy sauce.  He said "then you have what you want.  Go sit."

In a matter of minutes he came back out with a plate of Chicken and Broccoli
and it was FABULOUS.  It looked like it was made in the basic white sauce,
and he did double check with me before going into the kitchen if oil and
corn starch were okay, so I figure those were the "special" ingredients that
added flavor.

All in all it was a WONDERFUL experience.  They were VERY busy when we went
in, and still had no problems specially making a safe meal for me.

kathleen

Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes... you don't know why he has
blisters.
~Kay Kellam