From:
Conner, Ginger - midway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:56:22 -0500

I am a 59 year old female and I am scheduled for periodontal surgery
next week.  The dentist plans to pull two teeth and separate the gums
from the teeth - two on one side of the extracted teeth and one on the
other side, clear out infection and treat with local antibiotics, then
graft a synthetic powdered bone and use tissue from the leg of a cow to
hold this in place, then sew the gums back down to hold this all
together. I have searched the celiac archives and the internet and have
found nothing at all on this subject.

If you know anything about success in treating periodontal disease, will
you please enlighten me.  I will be very, very grateful.

Ginger
North Mississippi, USA