From:
MaryRich Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MaryRich Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:57:05 -0700

Hello fellow listers

My son adopted a child at birth, who is now 3 yrs. old.  He is ADHD.  I have suggested many times that they should have him tested for  celiac, but they didn't.  Now the child is entering pre-school & the pre-school teacher advised them that in all of her 20 yrs. of teaching all of the ADHD children she's taught, do much better on a gluten free diet.

I know some of you listers also have ADHD children and since I'm a diagnosed celiac (remember this child is adopted), we don't know if he needs to be on as strict a diet as I follow?  or does he just need to have the obvious gluten removed from his diet - (sort of a low gluten diet)?

Would like to hear from any of you that have ADHD children that follow a gluten free diet, as to how careful you are about gluten contact.

Thanks so much, I surely appreciate all of the info I've found here.
Mary in MI