From:
V. Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:02:26 -0500

So far, I've learned the following from U of Maryland:
Yes, you have to be on gluten to do this test.

There is a test kit made by Inova Diagnostics of San Diego,
and I am going to get a list of labs and/or doctors from Inova
or from Dr. Fasano's research person, Tanya Gerarduzzi, Ph.D.,
at University of Maryland.  She'll ask him for one. She feels that
test is accurate.

Alternatively, you can have blood drawn by a co-operative doctor
(???HUH???) or lab (also Huh?) and send it to Tanya Gerarduzzi,
and she will run the tTG as part of her research study.  I don't know
what the charges would be:

Tanya Gerarduzzi, Ph.D.
UMAB - Building BRB, Room 10-049
655 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Her phone number is:  410 706-3734

I am hoping to hear from her or Dr. Fasano with recommended
doctors/labs for the tTG - Whether it uses the Inova test kit and
goes to Inova, I guess, or whether blood is sent to Tanya Gerarduzzi.

Whew!  I don't want to see my phone bill, with all those calls!
Vicki