From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:53:55 -0600

The next meetings of Alamo Celiac, GIG® are scheduled for February 18th and 19th.  We will meet in Austin on February 18th at 7 pm at Faith Lutheran Church, 6600 Woodrow Ave.  We will meet in San Antonio on February 19th at 12 noon at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Dr.  All members of this list are invited to attend.

Our speaker for both these events will be Jenny Bair, The Passioneer of Purpose.  Do you want to get up and live life with passion and zest again?  Ms. Bair will talk about total wellness, not just focusing on what you cannot eat.  The approach will look at leading a well balanced life.

You will learn Ms. Bair’s H.O.T.T. life method and live your life with purpose.  We will explore the emotional and spiritual side of living with chronic food allergies and how to transform negative thoughts to empowering ones.   You won’t want to miss the tools and techniques she’ll share with you.  She will bring a sense of humor and a “take action” spirit.

For the Austin meeting we ask you to please bring a gluten free snack to share.

For San Antonio, the meeting will start off with a potluck lunch, please bring a dish to share. If you would like to come at 11:30 am to help set up or stay afterwards to help us clean up, we would really appreciate it. If this is your first meeting, you don’t need to bring a dish; just bring family members and come and join us.

For both meetings, it is important that with your food you include the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Some of our members need to avoid more than just gluten.

Alamo Celiac, GIG is a support group for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance in Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and the surrounding areas.

If you have any questions about the meetings, please contact us.  In Austin contact Francie Kelley at [log in to unmask] or (512) 301-2224.  In San Antonio contact Anne Barfield, 210-340-0648 or [log in to unmask]

For more information about Alamo Celiac please visit our Web site www.alamoceliac.org.

Anne Barfield and Francie Kelley